Thursday, September 1, 2011

September 1st: Day one of a New perspective on Life

I graduated for The Maryland Institute College of Art this past May and spent much of the summer in search of employment like many of my peers. After a fruitless summer of searching with few responses (but good ones). I have decided to start blogging about my experiences as a burgeoning illustrator in a flailing economy. Because I feel the need to talk about this with someone, but I don't want to keep whining about it to friends and family I know times are hard for them too. Also this poor blog gets so little attention from me. This is my way of making up for it. Today was a much more interesting day then yesterday. I pretty much worked on a freelance job all of yesterday for a theater company I worked with through school. Today however I hung out with a friend I haven't seen in months and after lunch while running errands with her I ran into my old boss from school. He offered me a part time job working shows at the schools theater. Something I have done for the past couple years. This is good. I am also in the process of securing a part time swim teacher position with one of the local pools. So two part time jobs, time to do art, and my own Etsy shop. This is a very good start to the fall hopefully money there will be money soon. The goal afford my own place. We shall see what happens.

No comments: