Friday, November 16, 2012

Good Vibes

     Life is looking up going into this holiday season. The election is finally over and Christmas commercials have taken their rightful place on TV. We no longer have to watch major party leaders say nothing and throw slander at each other for another for years. The holidays are upon us. I don't know if you are ready yet. I know I'm not, there is still much shopping to be done in my house hold. But the stores are ready. And here's to hoping its a good shopping season this year.  
    This positive outlook that has taken a hold of my life is a definite change from this summers worry and concern, over where I am going with my life.  I am finally finding my way where my art is concerned. It is nothing concrete but I know what I want to make and I know what I want it to look like. That is what I'm going to strive for. And I hope people like it.
     I read this article a few days ago http://www.hlntv.com/article/2012/11/14/nick-shore-mtv-gen-y-millennial-making-america .  It really fits in with how I've been feeling lately. Usually when people write about my generation there isn't much good to say. Whether it is ill about us or ill about the struggle we will have. I moved to Baltimore when I started going to school and stayed after I graduated and the change in the city is exciting to see. There are so many young people starting all kinds of business. I have many friends making a go of it. It is exciting and really scary at the same time. I'm hoping to make a small mark of my own in all this change. 

No comments: